[linux-dvb] Re: stv0299 does not support auto-inversion

Andrew de Quincey wrote:

On Friday 27 February 2004 09:47, Andrew de Quincey wrote:

On Friday 27 February 2004 08:45, Nico wrote:

Hi,
I just downloaded dvb-kernel from cvs and I was greeted with this log,
not present in the release drivers:

stv0299 does not support auto-inversion

so INVERSION_OFF is a safe bet? Or is there some transponder that uses
INVERSION_ON?

I need to fix mplayer's code, that always uses _AUTO :(

Nico
//

That _should_ have been sorted with the latest dvb_frontend.c. I'll check.

Ah, I see whats happening; dvb_frontend.c is being left at the older version 'cos of the upcoming release. I'll reinstate the old behaviour yet again.

All the same VDR should really not be suppling INVERSION_AUTO to a frontend where I've very carefully removed the FE_CAN_INVERSION_AUTO flag from its capabilities.

so I should check if it has FE_CAN_INVERSION_AUTO ?
I didn't know this flag even existed, sorry.

This morning stv0299 never tuned, not even with INVERSION_OFF (srate was 27500, frequency always taken by the other drivers);
I'll retry tonight your updated code.

Thanks,
Nico