[linux-dvb] Re: stv0299 does not support auto-inversion

On Friday 27 February 2004 10:24, Nico wrote:
> Andrew de Quincey wrote:

> >>That _should_ have been sorted with the latest dvb_frontend.c. I'll
> >> check.
> >
> >Ah, I see whats happening; dvb_frontend.c is being left at the older
> > version 'cos of the upcoming release. I'll reinstate the old behaviour
> > yet again.
> >
> >All the same VDR should really not be suppling INVERSION_AUTO to a
> > frontend where I've very carefully removed the FE_CAN_INVERSION_AUTO flag
> > from its capabilities.
>
> so I should check if it has FE_CAN_INVERSION_AUTO ?
> I didn't know this flag  even existed, sorry.

Actually, I don't know if its worth doing anything; the new dvb_frontend.c
will automatically do auto inversion if the frontend supports it. But it
won't be as fast as if the correct inversion setting was supplied.

> This morning stv0299 never tuned, not even with INVERSION_OFF (srate was
> 27500, frequency always taken by the other drivers);
> I'll retry tonight  your updated  code.

I think perhaps the stv0299.c should be left at the version prior to my
modifications for the upcoming release; I'm still heavily developing it.