[linux-dvb] A few hints for TT-Budget with SuSE 8.2 please

I try a 2nd time to install the driver for a Technotrend
Systemtechnik SAA7146 (TT-Budget CI, more details see below) with a
SuSE 8.2-system and have a few questions before I start. When I
tried to install the driver a few weeks ago, I ended with "insmod
errors: dvb-ttpci.o: init_module: No such device". This time I try
it with another pc and I would be glad, if you could give me some
hints.

Should I use kernel 2.4.20-4GB from SuSE including all
security-updates or 2.4.25 from kernel.org?

Kernel 2.4.25 was built with:

# Multimedia devices
#
CONFIG_VIDEO_DEV=y

#
# Video For Linux
#
CONFIG_VIDEO_PROC_FS=y
CONFIG_I2C_PARPORT=m
CONFIG_VIDEO_BT848=m
CONFIG_VIDEO_PMS=m
CONFIG_VIDEO_BWQCAM=m
CONFIG_VIDEO_CQCAM=m
CONFIG_VIDEO_W9966=m
CONFIG_VIDEO_CPIA=m
CONFIG_VIDEO_CPIA_PP=m
CONFIG_VIDEO_CPIA_USB=m
CONFIG_VIDEO_SAA5249=m
CONFIG_TUNER_3036=m
CONFIG_VIDEO_STRADIS=m
CONFIG_VIDEO_ZORAN=m
CONFIG_VIDEO_ZORAN_BUZ=m
CONFIG_VIDEO_ZORAN_DC10=m
CONFIG_VIDEO_ZORAN_LML33=m
CONFIG_VIDEO_ZR36120=m
CONFIG_VIDEO_MEYE=m

22: PCI 0b.0: 11100 DVB Card
  [Created at pci.65]
  Hardware Class: dvb card
  Model: "Technotrend Systemtechnik SAA7146"
  Vendor: pci 0x1131 "Philips Semiconductors"
  Device: pci 0x7146 "SAA7146"
  SubVendor: pci 0x13c2 "Technotrend Systemtechnik GmbH"
  SubDevice: pci 0x100f
  Revision: 0x01
  Memory Range: 0xdfffde00-??? (rw,non-prefetchable)
  IRQ: 5 (no events)
  Driver Info #0:
    Driver Status: saa7146_core is not active
    Driver Activation Cmd: "modprobe saa7146_core"
  Config Status: cfg=new, avail=yes, need=no

Which download should I try:
http://www.linuxdvb.tv/download/dvb-newstruct-20040227.tar.bz2 or
http://www.linuxdvb.tv/download/dvb-20040227.tar.bz2 or another
one?

I read
http://hubertus.sandmann.bei.t-online.de/VDR_installieren.htm#DVB-Treiber
and try to do what he suggests. Are there further howtos especially
for SuSE-Systems? Should vdr-1.1.25-24 from SuSE 8.2 be ok or is it
better to download a newer version for a 1st test?

Thanks a lot

Al