[linux-dvb] Re: DEC 3000-S

> I got my Box responding now. It reports model number 0x07000c.
> A attached a diff file for the driver source.

Thanks, I've commited it to cvs.

> I tried szap and the protocol seems to work. But I only get signal values
> of 0x1f on all channels. I think, I have to fine tune the values in
> dvb_frontend_info. Any pointers what to try?

The ttusb-dec driver reports 0x1f for signal values for all devices at the
moment.  I haven't worked out how to request or receive the signal values and
it's not at the top of the list of things to do ;)

The ttusb_dec_3000s_frontend_ioctl function handles the setting of the
frontend parameters.  A lot of the settings are set in one usb command to the
box - see the FE_SET_FRONTEND case.  I've add LNB voltage today, since it
wasn't in there and someone let me know what it was.  However, what's in
there now is the full extent of my knowledge of the 3000-s tuning.  So far as
I know, it's not enough to tune to a channel, but it should be a pretty good
start.  It could be that there are some other usb commands that need to be
sent in order for things to work, I don't know.  Really, you need to get some
usb snoops of the windows software in action and try and figure out exactly
which bits are responsible for the tuning.

Cheers,
Alex