[linux-dvb] Strange behavior

Hi,

I'm using the DVB drivers 1.1.1 with a linux 2.4.22 kernel and a
Hauppauge WinTV Nova card (thus using the dvb-ttpci-budget module). I
don't use DVB very often, but I have noticed the following behavior:
when the drivers are not loaded at boot time, but some time later (a
couple of hours), or if the drivers are loaded at boot time but not used
before some time (a couple of hours) there is no way to get any data on
the dvr0 device: tzap tunes properly, gets a lock on the channel, but
nothing comes out of the device (yes, I use ``tzap -r'').

However, if at this moment, I unload the 1.1.1 and replace them with
1.0.1, I get video as expected, and if I again replace the 1.0.1 with
1.1.1, it continues to work properly.

I don't get any special error message in the logs either (the 1.0.1
drivers gave a message about an IRQ loop when loaded for the first time,
but unloading and reloading the dvb-ttpci module helped).

The thing is that I can't use the 1.0.1 instead of 1.1.1, because using
the 1.0.1 sometimes crash my machine at shutdown :(

Any idea what could be the cause of this? Hardware incompatibility?
If some of the developers could give me a hint on what could be traced
in the modules, I'm not afraid to put my nose into the code, but I
really don't know what to look for.

Thanks for your help,

Matthieu
--
 (~._.~)        Matthieu Weber - Université de Jyväskylä         (~._.~)
  ( ? )                email : mweber@mit.jyu.fi                  ( ? )

Home | Main Index | Thread Index