[linux-dvb] Re: EOVERFLOW

OoO Lors de la  soirée naissante du lundi   28 juin 2004, vers  17:19,
Guido Draheim <guidod-2003-@gmx.de> disait:

> I have those buffer overruns as well, the problem however seems to be
> deeper as I can not find a relation to the cpu pressure ("high charge")
> but instead there is a statistic peak around 2gb boundaries of data
> reads (kernel 2.4 system). Since highlevel video decoder tools can get
> away with partial packet loss, one can recommend to modify the tool
> chain to ignore the eoverflow diagnostic.

If it was the case, I suppose the problem would be cyclic, but with
some tools (vls), it appears all the time. While with others, it never
appears (dvbstream).

> If you do have some time, may be you could play a bit with the ring
> buffer implementation in dmxdev_buffer_write. Personally I'd love to
> see a module option to set the ring buffer size to a higher value and
> then see what happens. Perhaps the interrupt hickup can be covered
> up with that as long as we don't get to the real cause.

There is a ring buffer implementation in dmxdev_buffer_write ? I see
one in dvb_frontend_add_event. This one seems to be fine (the
EOVERFLOW never comes from this one).
--
Localise input and output in subroutines.
            - The Elements of Programming Style (Kernighan & Plaugher)

Home | Main Index | Thread Index