[linux-dvb] tda1004x.c and support of future firmware

as you may be aware, the firmware for tda1004x is stored
in /usr/lib/hotplug/firmware/tda1004x.bin. However a problem arises whenever
a new firmware is released because the offsets are different within that
file.

May I suggest that tda1004x.c be modified to explicitly search the firmware
file for the hex starting with 0x2F, 0xC6, 0x41 and ending with 0x72,0xD6 so
long as this length is 'roughly' 30554 bytes. Using this information in
determining the offset/length.

This extra little bit of "intelligence" will support forseeable firmwares and
ensure this is no longer a problem which comes up in the forums :).

PS. I would write the patch myself but am not sure I'm capable.
Keep up the excellent work.

 Luke Anderson.

> The offset is 0x38EF9. The firmware starts with the bytes 0x2F, 0xC6, 0x41,
> is 30554 bytes in length and ends with 0x72, 0xD6.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index