[linux-dvb] Re: av7110 Registers

Johannes Stezenbach writes:
 > Jeremy Jones wrote:
 > > Is it possible to read/write directly to the av7110 registers or does
 > > it require an interface from the firmware ?
 >
 > No/Yes.
 >
 > > I want to use the 1/4th
 > > decimation mode of the av7110 to shrink the video window.  The
 > > docuemntation says that bits 14-12 specify the decimation mode so I
 > > thought it might be possible to set those bits in the register.  I
 > > have a feeling that what I'm sugesting is a gross over-simplification
 > > but it doesn't hurt to ask :-)
 >
 > I think it is not that easy because the scaler has to be set up
 > differently. Much too much work to do right in the current firmware.
 > Just setting some bit in a register won't do the trick.

There is not really that much to change. See the code for the true
size display in the firmware I set up for unusual resolutions.
You only should have to use a different DISPTYPE. I tested that once
some years ago and it worked.

Or somebody just try creating a VIDEOHSIZE window directly from
the av7110 driver (but I never tested if that works).

Ralph

Home | Main Index | Thread Index