[linux-dvb] Re: Do dvb drivers support Nagravision CA?

Graham Leggett wrote:
Thomas Schorpp wrote:

Do the DVB drivers support the Nagravision CA system?

i recommend you buying legal cam hw extensions to your dvb, vdr and others should support it.
My question is: once I have bought the above hardware and CA module, and one I have obtained permission from the content provider to do this, will the Linux DVB drivers be able to handle content from this setup?

ive read success reports from users doing so and, NO again, no paytv provider will grant you permission or even support to do this way, theyve outlawed all other than their certified equipment(SW+HW) in the subscription agreements youve to sign and hereby to follow the(ir) laws.
youll risk loosing any support and even contract violation fees(!).

this is comparable with the libdvdcss and new (c) laws discussions.

(Let me make it clear, I am NOT trying to find ways to hack, crack or otherwise illegally access content. I am trying to find a Linux solution to LEGALLY access a Nagravision encrypted program stream. Surely something like this has been done before?).

but you do then ;) theres NO legal law agreements conformant way, even if not penalty judgable, youre outlwaed in civil law, at least, and the only support you get is from the mentioned outlawed peoples forums and websites. NEVER FROM HERE.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index