[linux-dvb] Changing PIDS (DVB-T in the UK)

Hello, All

I turned off my TV computer to go on holiday about a month ago.  When I
came back about three weeks later, it did not work properly.  I could
not get any channels on MUX 2 (ITV, C4).

I initially thought that something had happened to the antenna because
the BER on MUX2 is *much* higher than on MUX 1.  However, after much
messing around, I found this was not the case.

I eventually re-generated my channels.conf file using scan and found
that almost all of the pid numbers have changed! (Very odd on ITV2 - the
old audio pid is now the video pid.)

Is this something that just happens from time to time?  If so, do the.
broadcasters tell anyone? I can only assume that dedicated
receiver/decoders have some mechanism for dealing with these changes
automatically. Can we do this?

I receive signals from the Winter Hill transmitter. Were others also
affected?

Alistair

--
Alistair Hamilton <alistair@tyeurgain.free-online.co.uk>