[linux-dvb] Re: Bug in software demux still in 2.6.10

On Tue, Jan 04, 2005 at 01:43:08PM +0100, Valsecchi Patrick wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Back in august 2004, I wrote an Email to this mailing list about a bug in dvb/dvb-core/dvb_demux.c that sometimes cause the first section received after a tunning to be bad. I didn't find that thread in the archive (?!?! what happened? I've got censured? I've been rude without knowing it? If yes, I'm sorry) so I've put my original email near the end of this one.

I wrote that part of secttion code :), but I wasn't active on
list at that time.
My idea was to capture anything in order to fight certain packet
loss from some boundary conditions and I didn't know I would break
anything if I feed some initial garbage from the just tuned stream

> I replied with a patch that he put in CVS. But then some people complained that it was causing buffer overflows so it was removed. I didn't have such problem with my setup (haupaugge NOVA-S and a home soft) and I can understand that my patch may have some side effects unknown to me. But the bug is here and it is still not patched.

I don't think this has anything to do with buffer overflows?!
those could be from av7110. Aren't they using different
demux in firmware?

> So can somebody, with a good knowledge of the dvb_demux.c innards, have a look a it and make a patch? My patch proposal for kernel 2.6.10 is at the end of the email, but it has greate chances of raising the same problems than the one for 2.6.7.

Should be no problem I think it should be applied to CVS.
I can try this code myself but from first looking
it should be good

Emard

Home | Main Index | Thread Index