[linux-dvb] Re: [rfc/patch] pll handling and cx22702 update

> > I don't think it is that useful, there are some corner cases where
> > you'll run into trouble with that approach.  The mt352 can only handle
> > the simple 4-byte style tuners for example.  Whats wrong with handling
> > the complex ones like they are handled today?
>
> My take on this was that the idea was to pull out common tuner code into a
> shared module so that its not duplicated all over the codebase.. so when we
> have a non-4-byte tuner which is shared we'll be wanting to do this as well.

We don't have to squeeze them into the dvb-pll model for the simple
four-byte tuners for that through.  I'd just have some
<name>_set_parameters function for the ones which don't fit and be done
with it.

  Gerd

--
#define printk(args...) fprintf(stderr, ## args)

Home | Main Index | Thread Index