[linux-dvb] cam_test and AC3 = no go?

    Jesper> I'm trying to save a TS with AC3 audio, and since my feed
    Jesper> is scrambled I need to use cam_set & cam_test. I can't get
    Jesper> it to select the AC3 pid though. :-(

    Jesper> Dvbsnoop tells me video is on 517, PCM is on 660 and AC3
    Jesper> on 661 so I try this:

    Jesper> $ cam_test -o -q 11216000 -l V -r 24500000 -i 2702 -t 661
    Jesper> > svt1.ts Warning: TP already defined: ID: 1 SATID: 1
    Jesper> Channel: SVT1 apid: 0x294 vpid: 0x205 ttpid: 0x241 CAM
    Jesper> Test: 0xa8e 0x205 0x294 0x0 0x295 0x6

    Jesper> But I'm not getting any AC3 in the file, only the PCM
    Jesper> track: $ tspids < svt1.ts tspids 517 660 0

    Jesper> Is there a simple solution for this or do I need to debug
    Jesper> cam_set & cam_test myself?

    Jesper> /Jesper
I am not sure if this will help, but you are senting the AC3 PID as
audio PID. The routines that I adated from vdr are getting the AC3 PID
in a different position. Since AC3 is represented differently in the PMT
setting it as audio PID will probably result in a faulty PMT that is
send to the CAM.
You will either have to write a dvbrc that contains the channel
informatio including the AC3 PID, or you need to add an option to
cam_test to set the AC3 PID in the command line.

Marcus

| mocm@metzlerbros.de            | http://www.metzlerbros.de/        |
 |>>>             Quis custodiet ipsos custodies                 <<<|

Home | Main Index | Thread Index