[linux-dvb] Re: MT352 i2c register writing patch

Patrick Boettcher wrote:

Hi again,

I'm adding support for a new USB2.0 device to the dibusb-driver (HanfTek UMT 010).

This device is currently equipped with a MT352 demodulator, thanks to OpenSource and the help of volunteers, this frontend is already supported :).

This device uses a similar protocol to control itself as all the other dibusb-devices. The problem is, that the dibusb-protocol doesn't allow to write to more than one i2c-register within one i2c-write-process, but the mt352 is doing exactly that.

I think to put the splitting of connected mt352-writes into the dibusb driver is the wrong place. IMHO it would be better to change the i2c_write of the mt352. The attached patch does this, for me with success. I don't know if raising the number of i2c-writes would produce any problems with e.g. the airstar2 cards.

why don't you use the userspace i2c-device API instead?
/usr/src/linux-2.6.XX/Documentation/i2c/dev-interface

Holger

Home | Main Index | Thread Index