[linux-dvb] Re: MT352 i2c register writing patch

On Wed, 5 Jan 2005, Holger Waechtler wrote:

Why? For me dvb-dibusb-fe-i2c.c looks like the right place because it
implements the i2c algorithm. It may be easier to change the mt352
driver, but you will have to change all other demod drivers once someone
decides to build a dibusb device with them.
If I would implement this in the dibusb driver I need to know the size of a register and its value (dib3000-frontends have 16 bit addresses and 16 bit values, mt352 uses 8Bit for both). Then the questions would be where to put this information? I would say this belongs to the frontend-driver, wouldn't it?

I don't really want to hardwire this in the dibusb driver...
please forget this comment, I had your other thread with the extended status register / direct register access for non-standard status calls in mind when writing this. Shouldn't write any mails that late.
In one of your recent mail you said the patch looks ok, but somehow I think Andreas is right.. If there will be more dibusb-devices with other demods which are writing more than one register at a time I should have them also.

Patrick

Home | Main Index | Thread Index