[linux-dvb] Re: How do I know if the firmware is loaded correctly ?

Am Dienstag, 11. Januar 2005 10:47 schrieb martin:
> Hello,
>
> Well - this is my first try, let's hope I do it right ;-)
>
> On Tuesday 11 Jan 2005 09:00, Hauke Reese wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I've got a Wintv-Nova-s
> > running on a Suse 9.2 32 bit system.
> > When I first start Windows and then linux without
> > powerdown, I get a picture with kaxtv.
> > Without starting windoofs I don't get one.
> >
> > So it seems to me that the firmware isn't loaded correctly.
> > How can I verify that ?
>
> I had a similar problem (tried to got a Nexus working the first time) the
> last days. I assume you do an "insmod.sh" at some stage. If you do a
> "dmesg" afterwards and look for entries like "dvb ..." or "ttpci ..." you
> see whether the firmware has been loaded or not and why not.
>
> Hope that helps,
> Martin
I don't run a script, suse 9.2 does it for you.
But when you I type lsmod I see all the nice modules like
budget, saa7146,dvb_core,stv00299 and so on.
the only thing is, that I don't get a picture if I haven't started windows
before.
When I type dmesg I got the answer "is n".

I heared about a file that I must copy from the windows driver called
sc_main.mc what about this file, I think yast renamed it to
something like *.fw
best
hauke
--