[linux-dvb] Re: How do I know if the firmware is loaded correctly ?

Hello,

Well - this is my first try, let's hope I do it right ;-)

On Tuesday 11 Jan 2005 09:00, Hauke Reese wrote:
> Hi,
> I've got a Wintv-Nova-s
> running on a Suse 9.2 32 bit system.
> When I first start Windows and then linux without
> powerdown, I get a picture with kaxtv.
> Without starting windoofs I don't get one.
>
> So it seems to me that the firmware isn't loaded correctly.
> How can I verify that ?

I had a similar problem (tried to got a Nexus working the first time) the last
days. I assume you do an "insmod.sh" at some stage. If you do a "dmesg"
afterwards and look for entries like "dvb ..." or "ttpci ..." you see whether
the firmware has been loaded or not and why not.

Hope that helps,
Martin

Home | Main Index | Thread Index