[linux-dvb] Re: How do I know if the firmware is loaded correctly ?

Am Dienstag, 11. Januar 2005 13:55 schrieb Hauke Reese:
> Am Dienstag, 11. Januar 2005 11:55 schrieb Matthias Fechner:
> > Hello Hauke,
> >
> > * Hauke Reese <reese@fh-westkueste.de> [11-01-05 11:19]:
> > > I don't run a script, suse 9.2 does it for you.
> > > But when you I type lsmod I see all the nice modules like
> > > budget, saa7146,dvb_core,stv00299 and so on.
> > > the only thing is, that I don't get a picture if I haven't started
> > > windows before.
> > > When I type dmesg I got the answer "is n".
> >
> > have you done, what is described in README from the dvb-kernel driver?
> > You are using kernel 2.6?
>
> You mean the /usr/share/doc/packages/dvb/README.SuSE ?
> yeah I do so and all modules are loaded, even if I delete the files in the
> firmware directory !
>
> But perhaps do anyone know wich files must be in the
> /usr/lib/hotplug/firmware directory ?
Ok
I found the mistake on my own,
it is simply that the firmware file named "SC_MAIN.MC" that you get from
another program (I got mine from progdvb under windows) must be copied to
  /usr/lib/hotplug/firmware
Now it works with kaxtv, but it's very lausy because kaxtv crashes very often.

best
 Hauke

Home | Main Index | Thread Index