[vdr] Re: A modular VDR.

Hi all,

i really like that idea and brought it up here once:
I think the low-quality TV-out is a big minus, but my main interest is using
the VGA. Many people interested in VDR are also interested in Hifi and
homecinema and have a projector or rear-projection-tv with VGA in. With a
modular VDR it would be possible to do a "low budget" VDR with one DVB card
and timeshifting. And for "high-end" users there would be the possibility to
do deinterlacing and scaling in software and get the best progressive scan
signal possible through VGA or even DVI. As mentioned before in this thread,
deinterlacing is the main issue when displaying on a monitor or projector
through VGA. the deinterlacing algorithms www.dscaler.org and the cpu
"horsepower" is available. Just for information. One of the best
videoprozessors/scalers on the market is "the rock from taw (i think
>6.000$) wich is nothing else than a computer with a Nvidia GFX card running
Linux and some modified deinterlacing algorithms from dscaler. (actually i
dont have the TV-OUT problem as i have a fujitsu acticy 300 wich has a scart
connector instead of a fbas tv-out :-)

cu
Mirko "Psychonaut" Morschheuser

P.S.
-dream modus on-
with development going in this direction, we will soon have a multimedia,
progressive scan DVD/DVB player, videoprozessor System wich is better than
>25.000$ "freaky high-end" equipment. I really look forward to this. And
thanks to the guys from convergence and Klaus.
-dream modus off-

Home | Main Index | Thread Index