[vdr] DVD playback problems

Hi,
as I'm quite new to this list I would first  like to congratulate the
developers for this
great  work on vdr,dvb,dvd and all the patches...it's really fun.
But now to my problem:
When replaying a DVD I have often a kind of framedrops, there is a grey
horizontal
pixel-bar in the lower third of the picture (about 10 lines high) and there
are a lot of sound chircks.
But this happens only on some chapters. The 'main' chapter with its
subchapter works allways fine,
i.e. in the DVD menu on VDR playing the 1. chapter (saying for instance to
have 18 subchapters).
So I can watch the movie/concert (whatever) but I can't playback any
interviews/making of/outtakes.
So far I tested only two DVDs: 'Ramstein - Live in Berlin' and 'Scary
Movie'. Both with same symptoms.
Funny enough there are few exceptions where I can clearly playback a
'add-on chapter'.
I tried different combinations of the dvb driver (dvb.20010917,
dvb.20010921 and dvb.20011117),
vdr (vdr.095 - vdr.099pre), libdvdread 0.9.1/0.9.2 and
libdvdcss.0.0.3.ogle/libdvdcss.1.0.0.
All with the same effect.
My current setup is dvb.20011117, vdr.099pre, libdvdread.0.9.2,
libdvdcss.1.0.0 (works better for me than the ogle), linux kernel 2.4.10
(SuSE 7.3).
BTW: I have the Pioneer 106s DVD-ROM drive on a PII350. I have no 5.1 HW,
sound output comes
from the DVB card (Rev. 2.1), no soundcard installed, additional DVB Nova.
When I use dvdplayer I can play all .vob files clearly - however it doesn't
use
libdvdread and has it's own discrambler.
Is there anyone having the same problem?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
best regards,
        Richard Cieply

Home | Main Index | Thread Index