[vdr] Re: Anyone using NVRAM Wakeup / auto powerdown / WOL

kde4linux@melware.de(Ralf Spachmann)  16.06.02 17:42

Once upon a time Ralf Spachmann shaped the electrons to say...

>Hi all,

>I am fighting with my VDR-Box since weeks to make
>it power off/on using nvram-wakeup and VDR-Timers.

What exactly is your problem?

>I had contact to several programmers of nv-ram tools
>but no solutions.

For what?

>So I am asking: Is anyone out there who has
>this automatic business running on a Gigabyte GA 7ZXE
>board ?

Do you over clock the board?
The GA-8IRXP "famous" for it's non working wake up.
Why should the  GA-7ZXE be better?
Isn't it from Gigabyte?

>Furthermore I'd like to use WOL with d-link 530TX and
>could not find helpful info on the web.
>WOL is a good idea to remote-power-on my machine
>when I want to programm the VDR from work ;-)
>(in case the auto-powerdown would work sometimes)

You need a special WOL-Paket generator.
Just pinging the box ist not sufficient.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index