[vdr] Re: AW: VDR-Network-Traffic-Managment

On Mon, 17 Jun 2002 14:53:48 +0200, Christian Berger wrote:

>> What about adding additional network cards (100MB/s) into your file server?
>> Each of your clients is then connected directly to the file server (which
>> also then routes the traffic).
>Well if you have several clients, and it's not a harddisk seek-time
>problem (check that first), the problem might lie in collissions,
>Wireless ethernet is a bit better at that, but worse on bandwidth. Maybe
>you can try somekind of token ring.
A switch would be enough. (around 50 Euros for 8 port 100MBits)
I've the little bit more expensive version. I've a 3com switch,
configured port trunking for 4 ports and also 4 ethernet-cards in the
file-server. that gives you a theoretical throughput of 400MBits in and
400MBits out. Should be enough.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index