[vdr] VDR on PowerPC (was VDR Mac OSX port?)

>  > >where would you find a dvb card for mac?
>>  macs do have pci slots...
>

>Why porting it to MacOS x? You can easily run Linux on a Mac, and then
>run MacOS with MOL in a window.

Because OS X is the best Unix on the planet... ;-) (or will be, when
some flaws are fixed, at least it's the best usable Unix for people
who don't want to get deep into system stuff).

But anyway, is it possible to compile the DVB drivers and VDR for
PowerPC CPUs on a Mac Linux distribution? Has someone done this
before?

This would only be interesting for people having older Mac's standing
around. The advantage of an Mac OS X port of VDR/DVB drivers would be
the easier to use and configure system (at least for non-Unix/Linux
professionals), also I would like to be able to watch DVB TV channels
in a window on the desktop while working ;-).

Dany

Home | Main Index | Thread Index