[vdr] Re: VDR on PowerPC (was VDR Mac OSX port?)

On Thu, Jun 20, 2002 at 12:28:22AM +0200, Daniel Schneider wrote:

> Maybe if you have to install a lot of OSX clients, but even then:
> Saying that a modern linux distro is easier to install and configure
> than OSX is just ridiculous. Don't you know that maybe more than 95%
> of computer users don't know how to use a shell (and of course not
> how to compile and install a alternative kernel)? I know how to do it
> now (I also use VDR on a linux box), but I prefer to double-click on
> a system or driver installer icon (you can call me lazy - I call it
> efficient!)...
>
> But I really don't want to start a
> "which-os-is-better-and-why-discussion". Linux is cool, but still
> only for people who are technically experienced or willing to spend a
> lot of time for learning. Computers should be intuitive to use and a
> tool, not a time consumer. But this is a question of ideology...

My syster who don't know anything in computer fails to install OSX (it
took me one hour to understand why...) on her iMac, but has installed
Mandrake on the PC of her husband without any problem...

	Grégoire
http://ulima.unil.ch/greg ICQ:16624071 mailto:greg@ulima.unil.ch

Home | Main Index | Thread Index