[vdr] Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: vdr2divx 1.5.3 is out

Hello Greg,

On Sat, Jun 22, 2002 at 05:38:39PM +0200, Gregoire Favre wrote:
> I have just finished a conversion that way, but without any scale, and
> the result is really great!!!
> I don't understand why I should scale?

unlike mpeg-files avi-files do not contain the aspect ration in their
header. Because of that with some files you will have to use the
'-aspect' option of mplayer to get the wanted aspect ratio. With scale
you can avoid that.

Moreover you can decrease the size of the resulting file and it will
be useful if you convert from DVD or SVCD to divx.  Anyhow, you won't
need it always.

Cheers
Robert

Home | Main Index | Thread Index