[vdr] Re: Diseqc Patch WAS Re: Re: Some questions about plugin-features of vdr-developer...

Hi,

>hello,
>hu somone really managed to us my awfull bit of code :-)
>(i myselve copied som of this from an other guy)

Yes, you where the culprit ;o)), I meant. I sent Klaus a
copy of the file, so that he can analyse it. I hope you
don`t mind.

>klaus you are right, by definition a dvb-s cart is not able
>to do Diseqc 1.2 because t lacks outputpower. but it can
>generate the signals.

It seems to work for people using WatchTVPro, so I guess
the card "should" be able to generate the right codes. I assume
the motor commands are PCM modulated on the LNB line.

>actually i dont know if the card does it all right, or my motor
>was out of order, becaus somtimes i have to switch off my pc

Probably the card couldn't supply enough current. I haven`t
found any specs as to what the FSC card are (supposedly)
able to supply. As the LNB needs 13V and 18V, I guess DVB
cards have a bucking step-up voltage convertor on board (13V
& 18V are non standard computer voltages). I have read that
some of the newer cards aren't able to supply the necessary
current (WatchTV forum). My Stab max current is 350mA
(startup) and while moving ~~200mA.

>to get my motor move again.

If the motor codes become garbeld or if you have a LNB preamp
installed (was a problem which I was fighting a while back on my
Nokia 9902), the motor will become confused and stop working
properly.

>(i used an additional power source)

Hmm, thatīs interesting. How did you connect the power source?
(I`m assuming you used a single cable solution from receiver to
motor to LNB)

Do you or anyone know if there is a diseqc 1.2 interface, which
can be controlled via RS-232? A DIY solution would be
okay, too

Where did you get your info on progging the Diseqc motor?
I have googled around, but turned up nothing other than
Eutelsats commercial pdf (just examples of diseqc usage no
"internal" infos, which I would need for programming).

Greetz,
Reinhard

Home | Main Index | Thread Index