[vdr] Re: multiple VDR cards

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sabine Miehlbradt" <caboose@c-lab.de>
To: <vdr@linuxtv.org>
Sent: Thursday, October 17, 2002 2:26 PM
Subject: [vdr] multiple VDR cards

> Hi, list
>
> I have got a slight hardware problem. I administer 3 boxes running VDR
with
> V1.3 DVB - S cards each.
> Unfortunately I have only one satelite feed and DVB through does not work
> on the cards.
>
> I have asked about this before and somebody told me I could make Y-cables
> to work around this.

If you're having only one cable and it's really SAT, you either have a
central-receiving-system ("Kopfstation"  = german) which moves a selected
set of channels into cable-frequencies, or it's frequency-shifting
("Frequenz-versatz" = german)-solution.

If it's a digital frequency-shiftung solution controllable by Diseqc 1.0 you
have good chances to get it working with a Sat-ZF-splitter ("Sat-ZF-Weiche"
= german), which splits up the one cable into the number you need.

If it's analogue or no real Sat-solution, you won't get it running with VDR.

Ask your landlord, post the answer and we'll see ...

Rene