[vdr] Re: Receiver and Player at the same time: Additional Info

Sascha Volkenandt wrote:

> Sorry to bother you again, but there's something wrong in my last msg:
>
> At Sunday 20 October 2002 15:53 Sascha Volkenandt wrote:
> >       // IMPORTANT PART
> >       // IF I TURN ON THIS ONE, THE RECEIVER GETS DATA RECEIVED
> >       // IF I TURN IT OFF, THE RECEIVER WORKS BUT THE PLAYER IS DESTROYED
> >       //   AFTERWARDS
> >     //cDevice::PrimaryDevice()->SwitchChannel(chan1, false);
>
> Should be:
>
> If I turn on this one, the receiver gets data received but the player is
> deactivated afterwards.
> If I turn it off, the player works but the receiver doesn't receive anything.

Take a look at cDevice::SetChannel(). The first thing that happens here
when the channel is switched is that any ongoing replay is stopped.
IIRC it is not possible to switch the channel and have a replay going on
at the same time, without causing problems. But you may want to try commenting
out the StopReplay() call to see for yourself...

Klaus