[vdr] MHEG˙?

Just wondered if anyone had any information on how MHEG-5 'digital
teletext' is encapsulated into a DVB stream? I can see the text section
being 'stream type="11"' in the output of dvbtune, but when I spool a
few seconds of these streams to a file, I can see no readable text from
which to dissect the individual pages :/

I found a working Open-Source Java-based MHEG-5 decoder at

http://www.prz.tu-berlin.de/~joe/mheg/mheg_intro.html (just click
'the download area' to get the whole code.

It seems logical to try to integrate this work into VDR, even if it
initially means the text will only be displayed on the local Linux X
display rather than a DVB/Dxr3 card :)

Any views?

Cheers,
Gavin.