[vdr] Re: EPIA-M MPEG2 with VDR?

Gavin Hamill <gdh@acentral.co.uk> wrote:

> I've started a thread at viaarena.com to the end of asking VIA to provide
> source (or a CLE266 specsheet) for the MPEG2 decoder on the EPIA-M so that
> those of use who use neither RedHat nor XFree86 can benefit from the big
> extra feature of this board.

The question is whether we could not do with the provided libmpeg and libXv
somehow. What we'd need is a proper API documentation.

I asked VIA a while ago, and here's an excerpt of their answer:

"I checked with an experienced collegue.  He mentioned that it's doable,
however, you would need some knowledge of 1) H/W color space conversion
(YUV to RGB), 2) H/W Video Overlay, and 3) H/W MPEG2 decoding (Slice
Layer), since those are the functions provided from the CLE linux library.
If you have that knowledge, depending on the intended use (whether for
personal or development purposes), perhaps it would be best to contact
JefferyWang@via.com.tw in seeking further help."

Any takers?

--
Leibowitz's Rule:
	When hammering a nail, you will never hit your finger if you