[vdr] Re: EPIA-M MPEG2 with VDR?

On Monday 23 December 2002 7:39 pm, you wrote:

> The question is whether we could not do with the provided libmpeg and libXv
> somehow. What we'd need is a proper API documentation.

So we'd be providing an XFree86-like interface to the provided binary
drivers? This is a nasty hack, requiring needless extra effort, and certainly
doesn't solve the problem of supporting only RedHat / MDK!

> I asked VIA a while ago, and here's an excerpt of their answer:

I'm curious as to how you elicited such a relatively detailed response - most
people seem to get a useless "we are currently looking into ... blablabla"
reply... Did you just write the a generic support address at via.com.tw ?

> perhaps it would be best to contact JefferyWang@via.com.tw in
> seeking further help."
>
> Any takers?

That sounds like a good start... would someone technically competent and
familiar with these tasks like to strike up a dialogue with Mr. Wang?

gdh