[vdr] Re: Drop support for multiple video dirs? [was: FeatureRequest]

Peer Oliver Schmidt wrote:
I am no expert, so how do I do this? Right now, if I need more space, all I do is add an extra drive into the system, turn-it on, fdisk/etc., mount as new Video and I am done. Is it possible to do it as easy as this, without multiple video-subdirs?
Yes.

Your first disk is (obviously) the root disk.
You can either have a separate /video partition on it or a /video
directory in the / partition. For my examples below that does not matter.

Assuming you bought a new disk, set it up as /dev/hdb1 and want to
put your existing /video/SciFi folder into it.

Alternative 1 (mentioned by Klaus):

   mv /video/SciFi /video/SciFi.orig
   mkdir /video/SciFi
   mount /dev/hdb1 /video/SciFi
   mv /video/SciFi.orig/* /video/SciFi
   rmdir /video/SciFi.orig

Alternative 2 (mentioned by myself):

   mkdir /video2
   mount /dev/hdb1 /video2
   mv /video/SciFi /video2
   ln -s /video2/SciFi /video

Of course, instead of the mount commands you would use /etc/fstab entries
as a permanent solution.

Carsten.