[vdr] Streamdev EPG hack recommendations?

Hi,

I did earlier some tests with streamdev and it encouraged to build a bigger system based on it. I wanted to keep the living room box capable to work independently and not load network all time time so the large hard disk for recordings is installed there.

EPIA box at living room:
DXR3
NOVA-T
Large hard disk

Server box
NOVA-S
NOVA-T

I believe when streamdev client is activated in my main vdr it tries to perform EPG scan on the streamdev client device which currently doesn't support EPG data so even the terrestial EPG is not updated. It would be also nice to get satellite EPG.

Can I just regularly copy epg.data from server to client or give a read-only nfs copy of epg.data from the server without upsetting the main vdr? I'm interested to hear what kind of EPG update solution you recommend!

BR,
Seppo