[vdr] Re: Streamdev EPG hack recommendations?

At Samstag, 4. Oktober 2003 10:29 Seppo Ingalsuo wrote:
> I believe when streamdev client is activated in my main vdr it tries to
> perform EPG scan on the streamdev client device which currently doesn't
> support EPG data so even the terrestial EPG is not updated. It would be
> also nice to get satellite EPG.
>
> Can I just regularly copy epg.data from server to client or give a
> read-only nfs copy of epg.data from the server without upsetting the
> main vdr? I'm interested to hear what kind of EPG update solution you
> recommend!

I am currently working on a solution that fetches the EPG-data regularly
from the server inside the protocol (like SVDRP). A release should be
available soon (means in the next days)... I'm also working on an improved
channel switching, but that will have to be tested more deeply first.

Greetings,
Sascha