[vdr] Re: can't record SAT1 / Pro7 with Nova budget card

On Sun, 05 Oct 2003 18:55:07 +0200
Claas Hilbrecht <claas@jucs-kramkiste.de> wrote:

> I've done an addtional test. I've recorded Sat1 for about 2h at the same
> time. I think is it noticable that the much faster system has many more
> errors than the slower system. Has anyone some more ideas why the budget
> system causes that errors?

Just want to cry "me too" and suggest to move this discussion to the
Linux-DVB list where I sought for help several times (search the archive).
My current guess is somewhere in the sphere of black magic.

Recapitulation of my findings:
-problems with "V"-channels
-Windows driver has the same problem
-less errors on slower hardware[1]
-some more unapproved things (see archive)

I put up a picture of one of my cards under [2]. The other one got
beige-colored tantalum e-caps and an even worse reception quality.

[1] using an Athlon 1700+ (~1.5GHz) here
[2] http://www.reactor.de/fnord/nova-s.jpg

Regards,
--
Steffen Beyer <sbeyer@reactor.de>

GnuPG key fingerprint: 6C9B 2844 AF75 AC7A C38C  9FFD 06CB A788 398B D2D9
Public key available upon request or at http://wwwkeys.pgp.net