[vdr] Sigmadesign chips with VDR

Hello, I've been looking into building media unit based off the VDR project
for some years now.
Only recently has there been DVB cards avaliable that support my
requirements for viewing in Sydney Australia(Though the card lacks any
hardware decoding for mpeg2 streams.), I was looking into two options for
other media content though. .

1. Software decoding.
2. Hardware decoding

With software decoding in mind mplayer can handel all the media content im
interested in ie. Divx/XVid/Quicktime/Real/WMF etc.

But requires a decent speed cpu.

The only option i have seen so far for Hardware decoding would be the
sigmadesigns cards.
specificially interested in the

EM8610 and EM8605, these cards work in Linux and as far as im aware also
support DVB decoding which would be a nice option for using with embeded
systems for cheaper production.

Has anyone tested these cards or have any suggestions on another
alternatives?

Dylan D.