From: vdr-bounce@linuxtv.org [mailto:vdr-bounce@linuxtv.org] On Behalf Of
Reinhard Nissl
Sent: Tuesday, June 01, 2004 12:07 AM
To: vdr@linuxtv.org
Subject: [vdr] Re: Titming problem? Subtitles with dvd-plugin with xine

Hi,

Stefan Norberg wrote:

> There's a timing problem with dvdsubs and the xine plugin.
> I suspect this is related to the fact that the xine plugin buffers the
> picture and sound while the subtitles are osd (not delayed). Maybe the
> dvd-plugin can be configured to delay the subtitle drawing so that it will
> work better with the xine-plugin?

Does the dvd-plugin use cDevice::GetSTC()? Since release 0.3.3 the reported
values are correct and tell you the timestamp of the image currently shown
by
xine.

> Shouldn't the OSD-stuff be delayed along with the picture in general when
it
> comes to the xine-plugin?

Without using GetSTC(), the OSD is far ahead of the image. With using
GetSTC()
it might well be, that the OSD is a little behind the image, due to the
communication delay to xine and back.

> Also, if I press the menu-button while having dvd-subtitles, the menu gets
> overwritten by the subtitles. I also got a crash while bringing up the
> vdr-menu while having subtitles enabled.

Currently, vdr-xine keeps a pointer to the current OSD object, to be able to

show the current OSD when xine connects to VDR. Usually, there should only
exist one OSD object at a time, but it might well be, that a second OSD
object
is constructed before the old one gets destructed.

Such a case might either cause an assert statement to bail out or might
cause
a crash.

Bye.
--