[vdr] Re: Titming problem? Subtitles with dvd-plugin with xine

Hi,

Stefan Norberg wrote:

There's a timing problem with dvdsubs and the xine plugin.
I suspect this is related to the fact that the xine plugin buffers the
picture and sound while the subtitles are osd (not delayed). Maybe the
dvd-plugin can be configured to delay the subtitle drawing so that it will
work better with the xine-plugin?
Does the dvd-plugin use cDevice::GetSTC()? Since release 0.3.3 the reported values are correct and tell you the timestamp of the image currently shown by xine.

Shouldn't the OSD-stuff be delayed along with the picture in general when it
comes to the xine-plugin?
Without using GetSTC(), the OSD is far ahead of the image. With using GetSTC() it might well be, that the OSD is a little behind the image, due to the communication delay to xine and back.

Also, if I press the menu-button while having dvd-subtitles, the menu gets
overwritten by the subtitles. I also got a crash while bringing up the
vdr-menu while having subtitles enabled.
Currently, vdr-xine keeps a pointer to the current OSD object, to be able to show the current OSD when xine connects to VDR. Usually, there should only exist one OSD object at a time, but it might well be, that a second OSD object is constructed before the old one gets destructed.

Such a case might either cause an assert statement to bail out or might cause a crash.

Bye.
--
Dipl.-Inform. (FH) Reinhard Nissl
mailto:rnissl@gmx.de