[vdr] Re: Xine-plugin output - FIXME:xineDevice.c:686

Hi,

Stefan Norberg wrote:

On some channels I get "FIXME: xineDevice.c:686"...
I assume, these channels provide dolby audio and you have enabled dolby audio in my plugin's settings. Am I correct?

Currently, VDR splits large PES packets into smaller ones of size 2048 bytes. But xine can't handle these "continuation" packets. So I try my best to reassemble these packets to the original large packets.

BTW: large PES packets which contain A52 audio data are only handled correctly by xine-lib-CVS, rc4a doesn't contain the necessary patches.

A FIXME indicates, that a part is missing for the assembly to create a large packet. Usually, there are no more than 4 FIXME's in a sequence, after which the assembly should get a new start packet to go on with.

A future solution might be, that VDR breaks the large packets at A52 frame bounderies. Therefore, packet assembly would no longer be necessary. Dr. Werner Fink would like a similar solution for stereo audio too, which would avoid some cracks in audio at cutting positions.

Bye.
--
Dipl.-Inform. (FH) Reinhard Nissl
mailto:rnissl@gmx.de