[vdr] Re: [ANNOUNCE] vdr-wapd-0.0.1 pre-release

On Tue, 2004-06-01 at 03:30, Thomas Heiligenmann wrote:
> This plugin allows remote control of VDR by WAP clients like mobile
> phones. It implements a simple daemon, which listens on tcp port 8888
> (default) for incoming requests. See README for more details.

Is there a minimum version of vdr for this plugin.  I tried with 1.2.5
and had compile problems.

> It will make WAP control hopefully more efficient than the CGI approach ;-)

I look forward to trying this - I could never get the cgi approach to
work - by wap providers gateway always complained.

One concern I have with this is that I will need to have the vdr box
exposed on the internet.

Is it possible to use apache's mod_proxy to proxy the wml on another web
server?

> This is just a pre release, which shall show how to browse through the
> menus (WML cards). The following options _aren't_ implemeted yet:
>
> - editing and creating of timers or channels
> - escaping of "illegal" characters like Umlauts
> - user authorizazion (!)
>
> Download directory:  http://vdr.heiligenmann.de/download/
> Filename:            vdr-wapd-0.0.1.tgz
> Filesize:            15564