[vdr] Re: [ANNOUNCE] vdr-wapd-0.0.1 pre-release

Malcolm Caldwell schrieb:
On Tue, 2004-06-01 at 03:30, Thomas Heiligenmann wrote:

This plugin allows remote control of VDR by WAP clients like mobile phones. It implements a simple daemon, which listens on tcp port 8888 (default) for incoming requests. See README for more details.

Is there a minimum version of vdr for this plugin.  I tried with 1.2.5
and had compile problems.

Since the epg/schedule stuff changed in VDR it only works under 1.3.x
Haven't looked yet if backward compatibility can be easily added.

It will make WAP control hopefully more efficient than the CGI approach ;-)

I look forward to trying this - I could never get the cgi approach to
work - by wap providers gateway always complained.

One concern I have with this is that I will need to have the vdr box
exposed on the internet.

Is it possible to use apache's mod_proxy to proxy the wml on another web
server?

Yes - it's basically the same protocol. The following lines should work with mod_proxy (you could add access control and other apache features too):

<VirtualHost *:80>
ServerName vdr.internet.net
ProxyPass // http://vdr.intranet.net:8888/
</VirtualHost>