[vdr] Re: DVB drivers in 2.6 kernel, VDR 1.3.8 and TT DVB-C 2.1?

On Tue, 1 Jun 2004, Steffen Barszus wrote:

>Am Dienstag, 1. Juni 2004 23:25 schrieb hagrid:
>> After just using VDR for half a year (if it works, don't fix it)
>> I now wish to get this thing running on my new machine.
>> This one has Mandrake 10.0 community with 2.6.3-4 kernel.
>>
>> I notice the kernel has already DVB drivers as modules, so
>> I guess my TT DVB-C 2.1 should be supported without compiling
>> new DVB drivers. Right? Wrong:
>> [root@cs78174054 VDR]# ./vdr
>> vdr: no primary device found - using first device!
>
>You need to download the firmware i guess and place it somewhere in the
>hotplug directory. Have a look at linuxtv.org, there you should find the
>firmware and too the description where to place it

Download the normal DVB drivers (the same as in the kernel) from
linuxtv.org, there is a README in the package which tells you what
firmware to put where so that hotplug can find it when needed. Normally
the directory is /usr/lib/hotplug/firmware/, at least for my DVB-s and
DVB-t cards (I still use 2.4 at home with my DVB-c card, no need for any
manually loaded firmware there, AFAIK).

--
"It would seem that you have no useful skill or talent whatsoever," he said.
              "Have you thought of going into teaching?"

Home | Main Index | Thread Index