[vdr] Re: DVB drivers in 2.6 kernel, VDR 1.3.8 and TT DVB-C 2.1?

hagrid wrote:

After just using VDR for half a year (if it works, don't fix it)
I now wish to get this thing running on my new machine.
This one has Mandrake 10.0 community with 2.6.3-4 kernel.

I notice the kernel has already DVB drivers as modules, so
I guess my TT DVB-C 2.1 should be supported without compiling
new DVB drivers. Right? Wrong:
[root@cs78174054 VDR]# ./vdr
vdr: no primary device found - using first device!

The driver it should load is av7110, right?
This is the same thing as dvb-ttpci, right?

I notice there's some firmware uploading stuff to take
care of. Has somebody actually got this thing to work?

Or should I just recompile the DVB drivers, and forget
those in the kernel?

BTW, if I don't compile the DVB driver myself, what's
the way to change the card output to CVBS_YC_OUT?
I just used to change that in the av7110.c earlier.

Ari Huttunen

Well.. Things aren't working too well. My installed Mandrake
had 2.6.3-7mdkenterprise kernel, and I installed 2.6.3-13mdkenterprise
with urpmi. That didn't work because it couldn't boot: kernel
panicked because it couldn't find init, following a failed attempt
to mount the root (ext3) drive. Installing 2.6.3-7mdkenterprise
in the same way worked fine.

I can get the dvb-ttpci drive loaded with the 2.6.3-7mdkenterprise kernel
after installing the firmware to the correct directory, but vdr won't
start. And after installing also the kernel sources I can attempt to
compile the latest DVB driver myself, but its compilation stops
at the following error:

CC init/initramfs.o
LD init/built-in.o
LD .tmp_vmlinux1
ld: cannot open linker script file arch/i386/kernel/vmlinux.lds.s: No such file or directory
make[2]: *** [.tmp_vmlinux1] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-2.6.3-7mdk'
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linuxtv-dvb-1.1.1/build-2.6'
make: *** [all] Error 2
Suggestions? Should I try VDR 1.2.x?

Ari Huttunen

Home | Main Index | Thread Index