[vdr] Re: DVB drivers in 2.6 kernel, VDR 1.3.8 and TT DVB-C 2.1?

hagrid writes:
 > start. And after installing also the kernel sources I can attempt to
 > compile the latest DVB driver myself, but its compilation stops
 > at the following error:

Kernel modules need to be compiled with the same version of compiler
and same kernel sources as the kernel for which it is going to be
used.

 > >   CC      init/initramfs.o
 > >   LD      init/built-in.o
 > >   LD      .tmp_vmlinux1
 > > ld: cannot open linker script file arch/i386/kernel/vmlinux.lds.s: No
 > > such file or directory

This indicates that you have not compiled the kernel yourself.

 > Suggestions? Should I try VDR 1.2.x?

Makes no difference.  You need to compile the kernel first.  If you
get the exact same kernel version sources that you use currently, you
do not need to install the kernel you compiled yourself.

yours,
		Jouni

--
http://www.netlab.hut.fi/%7ekex