[vdr] Re: Coding question

Christian Gmeiner wrote:

> So i will make it this way:
>
> ship from the histroy file of the dxr3 plugin:
> - kicked out unneeded keyword virtual - its not my coding style, sorry
>   if somebody realy wants the virtual keyword in the childclasses, contact
> me
>   and i will add them.
>
> So if some dxr3 user wants this, i will add it
>
> Christian

I've done a quick Google search and found several postings where people
write that it is a good idea to repeat the 'virtual' keyword in child
classes for documentation purposes (which I fully agree with).

However, it is of course completely up to you whether or not you want
your code to be well documented ;-)

Klaus

> > Hi Christian,
> >

> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > imagine that you change for example the inheritance of cDvbDevice from
> > cDevice
> > > to cMyNewSuperDuperSpezialDeviceWithTsRecoring, where some functions are
> > not
> > > virtual. The resulting errors would be so hard to spot :-(
> > Sure, but i am not changing anything like this.
> >
> > I have writen a huge gameengine and i really know how to use virtual
> > classes, so please understand
> > my point of view.
> > Oh can you give me other plugin based projects which are useing virtual in
> > childclasses?
> >
> > Christian

Home | Main Index | Thread Index