[vdr] Re: Looking for new maintainer: mplayercluster

On Sunday 06 June 2004 17:30, Sascha Volkenandt wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> since I currently don't have the time (and motivation) to work on
> mplayercluster, but since I regularly get requests to update it to current
> VDR-Versions, I'm hereby looking for a new official maintainer to the
> mplayercluster plugin.
>
> Original URL:
> http://www.magoa.net/linux/index.php?view=mplayercluster
>
> If anyone is interested, contact me on the list or in private.
>
> @Stefan Huelswitt: Maybe (but maybe not *g*) it may even be interesting to
> incorporate the clustercode into the original mplayer plugin?
>
> Another idea I had is to rewrite mplayer.sh so it does the network stuff
> without needing a special plugin.
>
> If anyone would like to work in any of those directions, please coordinate
> here :-)
>
> Greetings,
> Sascha

Hi Sascha,

there is indeed a (unofficial) successor to your clusterplugin. Everybody who
is interested in a working 'clusterplugin' might have a look at
http://www.ps.uni-sb.de/~errror/vdr/
The work is done by Patrick Cernko. He follows a slightly different approach.
therefore no extra plugin is needed on the client (if i remember correctly).
You simply use the default mplayer plugin which then calls the transcoding
programs. Moreover, on the server part, you can now take use of the great
mplayer.sh script.
I hope he will respond to this thread by himself, as it is not to me to decide
who will take over maintenance of the cluster plugin. But I think he will be
happy to see people using his code. :)
His recodertools really work awesomely well and it is independently of VDR
versions as it is not a usual plugin. So give it a try!

greetings
Thomas

Home | Main Index | Thread Index