[vdr] Re: [ANNOUNCE] Howto upgrade a full-featured dvb-s card to 4 MByte SDRAM

Hallo all,
into the web page linked in the first email i read:
Full-featured DVB cards are shipped with a single 2 MByte SDRAM chip. Using
theLinuxDVB driver, OSD memory space is limited to approx. 80 KByte. Therefore,
it is not possible to have a full-screen, 256 color OSD with VDR.
My question is after the update of the card, the space for osd is 80Kb of
original sdram + 2Mb of new sdram?

MByte
>SDRAM
>Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 22:36:38 +0200
>Cc: vdr@linuxtv.org
>

>Hi,
>
>for those who like to upgrade their full-featured DVB cards to 4 MByte
>SDRAM, I've uploaded some information, how this can be done.
>
>See http://endriss.escape.bei.t-online.de/dvb-mem-mod/index.html
>
>With this modification, vdr has a full-screen, 256 color OSD.
>
>Special thanks go to Carsten Koch for donating a broken DVB-S card for
>this project, and to Klaus Schmidinger for modifying the firmware to
>support DVB cards with 4 MByte SDRAM.
>
>Have fun,
>Oliver

Home | Main Index | Thread Index