[vdr] Re: ANNOUNCE: dvd-0.3.5b05_b

Hi,
I tested this version and unfortunately there still seems to be something wrong with the subtitles.
I tested two DVDs. One is Terminator 2 (German Deluxe Edition ) and once again "Keine halbe Sachen" (The Whole 9 Yards.)

With Terminator 2 the subtiles in the progress bar show "-1/2". There is no language displayed in front of the numbers and only if I change the Plugin-Setup to always display subtitle, then I have German ones.

With the DVD "Keine halben Sachen" I have a similar problem. It does not display anything for subtitles in the progress bar, and plays the default one I chose in the Plugin-Setup.
For some reason the suubtiles are not display correctly either. Meaning that the letters should be black with a white border. Sometimes it occurs, that only the white frame is displayed, while the black is missing.

With certain DVD's there is a problem with still pictures. They seem to be displayed at a very low resolution and with the wrong aspect ratio. This happens in particular with a NTSC DVD (Better off Dead). The Main Menu is scaled vertically, which leaves John Cusak with a long face and the resolution looks like it's close to 300x200 pixel or less.

The aspect ratio for the Movie "Lebe lieber ungewöhnlich" is now correct, Thanx!

Sorry for the long e-mail,
André.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index