[vdr] Re: Deinterlacing

Reinhard Walter Buchner wrote:
;o)) Are you planing on using a Linux
Linux.

> While all the Linux HTPC stuff is nice, it isn't
really usable yet in direct conjuntion with VDR.
What in particular?

> True RGB input cards for a PC are either much too expensive or
lack quality.
Yeah, but I don't have any legacy devices, everything is going to come out of the HTPC.

Ultimately the sources will be:
1) 2-4 DVB-s cards.
2) 1 analog tv card.
3) DVD
4) Harddisk

A normal VGA card is designed to drive about 2m w/o loss.
The manufacturers do include some reserve power in the driver
cicuits, however.
That's probably true, however, I am going to be running at a lower resolution than what modern cards max out at, through better cables (separate RG-mumble cables) so I figure I'll be alright.

concerned digital have two advantages over CRT: one being
lighweight, the other being fast and easy to set up. That's not
enough for me to justify a move to digital, tho ;o))
Not really issues for me, I'm re-building an old house (from 1910) and in the process I'm putting in new infrastructure as well as a proper home theater, with hidden cabling and pj-mountpoints:

http://dion.swap.dk/pics/hus/renovering/view.img_1867.jpg.html

The mounting position after sheetrock has gone up (just today in fact):
http://dion.swap.dk/pics/hus/renovering/view.img_1912.jpg.html

There is no real need for the 100Hz. If you are watching DVD's,
Well, I want to get it high enough to stop from annoying me with flicker:)

(not via the DVB ;o)) too, you should aim for a straight multiple
of the frame rate, but you don't need to go that high.
Around here the framrate is 50Hz (or 60Hz with zone 1 DVDs) which is way too slow to be really watchable IMHO, so I chose to simply repeat each frame twice...

What screen size are you running?
None yet, I'm still building the house :)

The throwdistance is around 310cm, so the picture is probably going to be around 205 x 154cm, which I found to be a comfortable size in that room, there is plenty of light and that's whith around 30% contrast/brightness, so I guess it should do fine:)

--
Regards Flemming Frandsen - http://dion.swamp.dk
PartyTicket.Net co founder & Yet Another Perl Hacker

Home | Main Index | Thread Index