[vdr] Re: Deinterlacing

On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 20:48:29 +0200, "Reinhard Walter Buchner"
<rw.buchner@freenet.de> wrote:

> > I tested it and it was not better than S-Video because there is a lot of
> > noise from the computer.
>
> Hmm, I can't say the same thing here. I find RGB to be better
> even on a standard TV set.
>
> > It has absolutely nothing to do with the PJ because I tested everything
> > with standard TVs taking the native RGB signal (of course with proper
> > termination). The noise was to large for me an the S-video was clean.
>
> Strange. I find the exact opposite to be true.

May be it depends on the computer. I may have to try on one of my other
systems.

> > You can receive HDTV with a standard Nova card. But then you need
> > another way to decode the stream. A feature to decode onto the installed
> > graphic card is still missing in VDR.
>
> Yes, I know but since HDTV isn't consumer ready in Europe, I have never
> given getting VDR HDTV ready more than a second glance. There are a lot
> of ideas floating around on VDR Portal, tho.

We will have to wait until there are transmissions. But as you I assume
that they will be encrypted and till a HDTV card with decryption is
available and supported by Linux will take some time. In the meantime I
just try to forget the HDTV demos I already saw and by happy with that
what is available. :-)

The last change from Crystal Image scaler to Lumagen Vision scaler was a
big step in image quality. But I don't plan to change anything in my HT
until HDTV is available because with the current setup I can see the
artefacts of the MPEG stream and it is just not worth to invest more
money to see the artefacts better. ;-)

Emil

Home | Main Index | Thread Index